We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Developer to work on pioneering online video projects. The successful candidate will join our growing team based at Adastral Park near Ipswich (home of BT Research Labs) and help develop some of the most advanced video service applications based on our proven proprietary technology
The role is ideally suited to someone with 1-3 years of relevant experience, or possibly a recent graduate with relevant experience in the required technology. This is an amazing opportunity to join an online video start-up that is transforming the industry.
- Excellent software development experience with web applications including HTML5 video technology
- LAMP platform experience including PHP and MySQL software development
- Experience with agile development methodologies utilising TDD.
- Experienced with HLS, HDS and / or MPEG-DASH and other HTTP video rate adaptation technologies
- Experience delivering commercial large-scale software solutions.
- Understanding of HTML5 media playback features and device compatibility issues including feature detection, supported video formats and 3rd party library code and applications.
- Hands-on experience with FFMPEG
- Experience using AWS EC2 and other AWS services.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, but with the right person. So if you are talented, creative and keen be a part of the exciting and fast paced online media industry, then don’t delay - apply now!
Starting salary: £25,000 to £32,000 depending on experience plus bonus + 25 days holiday + potential stock options.
About Real Time Content:
RTC is a former corporate spin-out with operations in the USA (North Carolina) and England. Our development and creative teams are based at the world-renowned Adastral Park campus near Ipswich, England (atadastral.co.uk) home to more than 40 high-tech companies and 3500+ developers, engineers, scientists and entrepreneurs. We offer outstanding career progression opportunities and a great working environment.
How to apply:
Firstly, you MUST visit our live service demonstration at http://myvideo.realtimecontent.com/jobs1 and enter your name and email address when prompted so we know you have tried our service out for yourself. Then send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always on the lookout for great talent in this space, so if you are a freelancer and would like to work with us in the future, please send us your CV.